Although the Car of the Year awarding is still set on April 7 to 10, Topgear Philippines have listed down the category winners but have withheld the Car of the Year to the event itself at the Manila International Auto Show.
The 2010/2011 Philippine Car of the Year category winners are:
- Ford Fiesta (subcompact car);
- Chevrolet Cruze (compact car);
- Hyundai Sonata (midsize car);
- Jaguar XF (premium midsize car);
- Subaru Impreza WRX STI Sedan (sports car);
- Kia Soul (subcompact crossover);
- Mitsubishi ASX (compact crossover 2WD);
- Hyundai Tucson (compact crossover 4WD);
- Hyundai Santa Fe (midsize crossover);
- Nissan Murano (premium crossover);
- Foton MPX (van/MPV);
- Toyota Alphard (premium van/MPV);
- Mitsubishi Montero Sport (midsize SUV);
- and Foton Blizzard (pickup).
As a rule, one of the cars listed above will win the Car of the Year Philippines for 2011.
[Article via Topgear PH ]