With the interest of his constituency in Quezon City, Mayor Herbert “Bistek” Bautista is trying out e-tricycles, or better known as e-Trikes, and is thinking of replacing its current roster of gas-guzzling, smoke pollution emitting tricycles.
Here are some details on the e-Trikes:
- It costs PHP 117,000 per unit.
- It can travel 100 to 130 kms on a single charge
- It can carry up to four persons
- It takes eight hours to charge
- The charger is solar-powered, using 2,500-watt tiles
Transportation fares should be similar to how much the operators charge with four or two-stroke engines.
The e-trikes were developed by the Kasangga Party-list and Netherlands-based Technostrat Design and Research Corporation it also includes Winace Holdings Philippines as project partner.
Article via: Manila Bulletin |