Many have failed trying to build a flying car. Traditionally, they start with a car and try to make it fly. Terrafugia, a US company, did it differently. They took a small plane and tried to make it “street-legal”. This is what they came up with…
And so far, it works! Terrafugia’s Transition® completed its successful first flight in New York last March. Not yet impressed? Consider the following:
- It can be driven on roads and highways.
- It can be parked in a single car garage.
- It flies using unleaded automotive fuel
- It has crumple zones, airbags, and full vehicle parachute
- It seats 2 with extra space for luggage and a golf bag.